Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Picture This: Love & Music

Another thing I love, love, love is photography. I love taking pictures, I love simply looking at them and I love framing my favorites and displaying them for all to see.
I dream of the day when hubby and I purchase our first home so that we can have a museum style wall, jam-packed with images that capture all of the good things that make up our lives.

I have an active imagination, so I sometimes like to just browse the internet and pull images from sites like Flickr and Photobucket just for fun. I've come across some really hot shots and beautiful portraits that I sometimes create my own stories for. Maybe it's because I'm the daughter of an artist, but I have an affinity for art and creativity.

I've decided that every once in awhile, I will post some of my favorite images and the short stories that I create for them. I think it would be a fun addition to this blog -- plus it's my site, so I can do what I want : )

Here's the first selection:

Photography by William Claxton

The pair showcased in this picture are an inter-racial couple involved in a romantic and forbidden love affair. She's a nanny who loves poetry by Paul Laurence Dunbar and he's a struggling musician who thinks the world of her. He loves to play smooth melodies for her on his trumpet. The kind of melodies that tell stories of love, passion and happy endings.

What do YOU see when you look at this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment