Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hold the Applause

PSA: I've gotten a few emails and DM's via Twitter regarding my blog and what my readers like about it. I love that you all read and enjoy it because I really just started it as a release and diary of sorts. I never thought anyone would be remotely interested. 
A lot of what's come up is the personal aspect. It seems as though many of you love the posts about things I do and document (ie: the How You Doin'?! entry). I'm going to try and incorporate that a little more moving forward. I'll also try and remember to do some outfit posts because that was another thing that came up. By the way, the jacket I'm wearing in How You Doin'?!  is from a store called Pop Culture, for those who asked :)


With that said, let me tell you about the day I had yesterday. My sister asked me to go with her and her friends to the Sounds Like Paper summer concert hosted by PAPERMAG. Slated to perform were Hanson (yes, that Hanson), Ninjasonik and Drake. In the back of my mind, I knew it was a bad idea but I figured I would roll with the punches. Let's just say the concert never happened. Why you ask? Well, Paper Mag apparently didn't realize the crowd for a FREE concert would be insane and ended up having to cancel the event due to sheer unruliness. Chairs were being thrown, knives drawn. No home training was present on this day.
Drake (who we were really there to see) even tweeted to his fans: 





And from Paper Mag: 


Really?! I guess they were going for the whole SummerStage movement, but it was an epic fail. Luckily for us, we ended up leaving before it got crazy, deranged. All in all, I did manage to get a few snapshots in for you guys to enjoy: 


[you know this girl]



[photographers really "get" each other ;-)]


[street style: met miguel in the crowd. check out his sick coco & breezy shades. he's a cool dude for letting me take his pic.]

[my sister's friend, janike]

[my sister's friend, dara]


[the start of mayhem]


[govenor's island ferry terminal, a mere twenty minute ride from where I grew up]


[ferry ride back home]

[lady liberty. i used to see her everyday :)]

[beautiful nyc sunset]





4 comments:

  1. I think your blog is headed in a fabulous direction! I've seen Hanson perform their new song on TV a couple times... I secretly kinda like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that means a lot to me! Thanks lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I didn't even know Hanson had a new song. I'll have to check it out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never looked at this post til today... good shots! :)

    ReplyDelete