Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fill In The Blank.

I've been feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days ⎯ yesterday especially. Before I dozed off for a nap, I started running through a list of my favorite things, just because. It was so fitting that while catching up with Lizzie's (from slowjamtherapy) blog today, she had this great fill in the blank/favorites list posted. I thought it would be great to participate and post my own so that my readers can get to know me a little better. Especially since sometimes this blog can be a little impersonal: 


1. Favorite hobby? 
Most who know me probably thought my answer would be shopping. While shopping is in fact a favorite hobby of mine, dare I say, I love reading more? I read to escape. It has always been my favorite past time and nothing exhilarates me more than turning pages, getting lost and attached to new characters. 

2. Favorite TV show?
Ahh, now this is a tough one. It's definitely a toss up between Glee and True Blood. I love both shows for different reasons. 

3. Favorite restaurant food?
Surf and turf. Specifically a nice juicy rib eye and lobster tail. Do you see this? Nom, nom, nom. Great, now I want some.

4. Favorite thing to shop for?
Shoes! Shoes! SHOES! I have a sick obsession. Enough said.

5. Favorite animal?
I'm not really an animal person, but if I had to choose, I'd say horse. There is something so majestic, free and intriguing about them.

6. Favorite song?
This is tough, because I am a music lover and have way too many favorite songs. So, I'm going to go by the song that's in the play count lead on my iTunes. That happens to be, I Wanna Be Where You Are by Jackson 5. Runner-up is Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. I think it's pretty funny that both songs are by groups with the # 5 in their name. Clearly, it doesn't take much to amuse me.

7. Favorite word?
Savoir-faire. The ability to do or say the right thing all the time with grace.



8. Recent favorite YouTube video?

Definitely Jessica's "Daily Affirmation". The cutest video ever. I love the innocence and positivity of children. We adults can learn a lot from the mouths of babes.

9. Favorite movie?
Coming to America! I LOVE this movie. Runners -up, Meet the Parents, The Little Mermaid and Annie.

10. Favorite childhood memory?
Spending the summers in Canada with my aunt and cousins. I went every single summer for the entire summer up until my aunt passed. I remember some days being homesick, but when I think back, I am grateful to my parents for showing me how important it is to bond with other family members and experience different places. I plan to do the same for my kids. Plus, I know it will provide hubby and I much needed breaks ;-)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought about what the definition of "savoir faire" was.... I assumed it was "having something special", now I know that is more "je ne se qua"(sp?) and what savoir faire really means...lol thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of the same favorites! Especially the summer memories. Going away for the summer was some of the best times and I can't wait to do that with my kids. I'm carrying on the tradition by keeping my 11 year old cousin for a few weeks this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post, and like Kendra.. I too share a few of those same favorites.

    ReplyDelete