Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Great Escape

This one goes out to my fellow book lovers, chic enthusiasts and homebodies. *snap applause*

Dreams of the husband and I becoming homeowners dance around like sugar plums in my head. I can't wait for that day, but we're being smart. We're saving and making sure that we take our time so that we're able to find the RIGHT house to call a home. I just wish it didn't take so long.

When that day comes, my one requirement is that I have my very own "Girl Room" to escape to on the days I want to curl up with the latest fashion and gossip rags or indulge in the fun and sometimes scandalous TV shows or movies recorded on my DVR. You know the ones that husbands refuse to watch with their wives because they contain too much estrogen.
The Mister has already claimed the basement as his "Man Cave", so I think this is only fair.

My "Girl Room" will be filled with shelves full of books new and old and pretty things that make me smile. I'll host martini & movie nights, book clubs and even karaoke parties for girls ONLY! No boys allowed!

Till that day comes, I look to these inspiring pictures to help the time move just a little bit faster:









Celebrate secret hideouts!

3 comments:

  1. Those rooms are gorgeous. My friend and I were just discussing having a girly space where you can paint the walls lavender and have chandeliers and it's ok. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill to have rooms 1 and 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Steph.. I love these pics, walls of books, and a room that's all mine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete