Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Perfect Verse Over a Tight Beat

I am a music lover. Give me a scenario, and I can probably throw back a tune that will describe it perfectly. Music runs through my veins. I was partying and celebrating in the womb. Seriously, ask my parents. They used to throw events, get down and celebrate with friends and family EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND when I was a toddler up until my adolescent years. That was back when times were favorable and life was simple.

But, growing up -- whether those times were good, bad, happy or sad I turned to music. I don't discriminate either. I listen to almost all genres and especially love searching for and discovering new and emerging artists. So, when a friend of mine offered me tickets to see Melanie Fiona perform live I was ALL over it! Up top, you'll notice my amateur photography shot of her performance last night.

Melanie is a up and coming pop / soul artist whose strong and raspy voice will give you goosebumps. Her live performance quite honestly blew me away. There wasn't a bend or crack as she belted out tracks off of her anticipated album in a room jam-packed with adoring fans. Quite honestly one of the most talented artists I've seen live. There is no doubt that she will blow up and reach mega-stardom.

I was fortunate enough to meet her after the show and not only is she a great performer, she's a sweetheart who quite obviously is deeply humbled and appreciative of her fans and rising success. The girl is definitely going places.

Her album The Bridge drops 9.22.09 and I'll definitely be getting myself a copy. You should too!
I want to wish Ms. Fiona all the best! Good music is back!

Celebrate new discoveries!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment