Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Food for Thought: Ultra-Thin-Crust Pizza

When I was a kid, I looked forward to the weekends because it was the ONLY time my parent's would order out. Growing up, my mom was always working a full-time job, but managed to cook us wholesome dinners during the week. Eating out or ordering in was definitely a luxury, not a necessity.

Pizza was one of my favorite things to eat -- actually it still is ☺. I remember ordering a pie with my Dad at a local pizza shop when I was about 10 years old and exclaiming that I wanted to move to Italy so I can eat pizza everyday. He just laughed and told me that when I got older, I would probably change my mind about that. What is it about parents that they're always right??

Fast-forward to today. I still do like to try out different restaurants and eat out with my husband, family and friends. But, nothing is more enjoyable to me (with the exception of shopping for new shoes) than trying out new recipes. Particularly the kinds that put a spin on my favorite dishes. So, I thought I'd share this drool-worthy Ultra-Thin-Crust Pizza recipe (found here) that I myself am looking forward to trying in the near future. This one lists onions & mushrooms, but you can always customize it and add your favorite toppings.

So go ahead. Give it a try and enjoy! Just don't forget to save me a slice ☺.

Celebrate cheesy-goodness!
Steph

Recipe courtesy of Elise [via Simply Recipes]

No comments:

Post a Comment